Authorship

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Disco is Dead...We are now in Heaven...I think

 
Yep, it's official, God hates disco. But jehovah certainly loves kitschy pop art. 
I have a certain peculiar love for the fine literature of the Watchtower. Something about it just makes me giggle like a school child. Maybe it is the highly illustrated airbrushedness of it all. Maybe it is that every they draw out seems so urgent, so now. Or maybe I am just a sucker for propaganda art work.
I remember once walking through a mall and running into a group of Jehovah's Witnesses handing out Watchtowers. They asked if I would like something to read and of course I told them "OF COURSE, I will take five!" They looked shocked. I didn't stay for the mini sermon or the recruitment message. However, I did look at all of the lovely pictures of children in the Kingdom of Heaven, which looks vaguely like the settings found in the Sound of Music with a great deal more minority children. There will be African Children and Asian Childen and White Kids and Latino Children all playing with tamed lions and sheep and tigers and rhinocerouses and octopuses and giant squid and everyone is happy. 
Happy I tell you. 
Much happier than the pictures above. 
But then, God does hate disco.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment