Authorship

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Open Letter to DC Comics: Super Team Proposal

Dear DC Comics,

It has been a long time since I have written any of your staff to provide an idea for a comic book idea, but I have a really great new team book idea that I would like to share with you. It somewhat riffs off of the old New Guardians ideas of the 80s but modernizes them for the new millennium, which is kind of ironic since Millennium is the birth of the New Guardians, but I digress.

China has its super-team, America has numerous teams, Argentina has its own team featured in the Flash Annual a number of years back--but what about the European Union as a whole? They are a powerful federation of nations and they will need protecting when the next villainous threat of "Back-To-Europe American Extremists" start making a claim that Europe rightfully belongs to them in a reverse-nativist land-grab takes place.

But who will be the protectors of Europe? The team I have created is called the European Union Nation's United Coalition of Heroes Society. The EUNUCHS will fight for all of Europe, from Finland to Greece, Ireland to Poland.

In my first story arc, I see the nations forming the team, some stalwarts of past heroic teams will be on this one for example, I see maybe Little Mermaid from Denmark being a central member. But other members will be new and fresh. Hip even. Other members will be from Germany, Greece, Portugal, Italy, and Luxembourg.

In the second story arc I envision the team joining the ranks of a time displaced All-Star Squadron to fight Nazis. The EUNUCHS and the ASS will have to figure out a way to trust each other and know that Europe will be safe in the far future when the odd seemed stacked against them.

So there you have it. I think the European Union Nation's United Coalition of Heroes Society will be a top seller.

Thank you,

P+

No comments:

Post a Comment