Authorship

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Future...

With all this talk of the "End of the World," happening at some point today, I have to turn to my thoughts of one of the best documentaries ever made about the inevitable fate of man, The Planet of the Apes. Of course there were multiple sequels to this documentary, Battle of the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Dinner with Andre from the Planet of the Apes, Look who's Talking from the Planet of the Apes, ad infinitum, but if we have learned anything from these factual representations of our future, is that once man has disappeared from Earth, North America will become a desert wasteland, and Gorilla will develop opposable thumbs and kick our asses.



Which brings me to this photograph of our evolutionary family tree taken at the what was once known as the Washington Park Zoological Gardens, i.e. the Oregon Zoo, circa 1987. I believe this sign and many others like it have been long since destroyed or mothballed, which is a shame. 

But since today, is now the date of the rapture, and only the worthy are going to be taken up to heaven, I believe our ape and simian overlords are finally looking for their opportunity to take their rightful place as the rulers of those left behind. I, for one, hope that this shows that I fit into their hierarchy and that they ignore my previous posts about evil monkeys. If not, I'm screwed.

Happy end of the world everyone. If we all survive, more posts coming soon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Rapture Averted:

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226728_10150589478980635_900830634_18430798_7649403_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete