Authorship

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Robots and The Seasons...or...My Battle Versus the Copyright Elves

Apparently the copyright elves don't like my harmonious voice, for today I received notice that the videos that I have been posting of me singing the sweet songs of farewell are being tagged by YouTube as possible infringements of the rights' holders property.

Ah, if only they knew...If only they knew that I was singing these songs in the realm of fair use as a declaration of love for my fellow colleagues, friends, and assorted and sundry strangers who occasionally stumble upon my blog.

So you should watch these videos while they are proverbially "hot." They may not last forever if the copyright elves decide to strip them away from me.

So first we have "Mr. Roboto" by Styx a song about robots and overcoming oppression. Following that proud anthem, we have the wonderfully cheerful song "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks, which is about telling your father how hard it is to die. This isn't an easy thing to do, nor is it an easy song to sing, but it has a lot of crooning about seasons. And we all love the seasons.

Therefore, I present...music.


No comments:

Post a Comment