Authorship

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Poetry Corner...

I wish I remembered which of the numerous county museums this particular work came from. I won't let the inner literary critic crawl out and try to deconstruct "Ode to Our Pioneers," by Marion Bucy.

To get a fuller understanding of this piece, and the pieces of imagery selected to accompany each stanza, I highly suggest clicking on the image to enlarge the piece. Then you will be able to read it for all of it's rhyming glory.

I will excerpt this stanza this stanza, however, for those who are prone to not take the time to read:

     From the bosom of the mountain side,
     They suckled much of the golden tide;
     A few strikes, beyond compare,
     Other's couldn't add salt to their mountain fair. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment